Looking for a place out of town to explore this weekend? We recommend you to head over to myVillage at Serangoon Gardens – a place that has a cosy atmosphere that has many value-for-money F&B outlets suitable for all age groups!
MyVillage is an all-encompassing community space between your work and home. With over 38 shops available across three floors, myVillage covers a spectrum of lifestyle offerings, delighting shoppers in dining, retail, beauty, and essential services. It is a familiar and comforting space where you can fulfil your family’s needs, pamper yourself and dine to your heart’s content. As the centre of the Serangoon Gardens community, myVillage is driven by the core belief that “myVillage can be yours too”, a place where you can share beautiful memories with your friends and family.
Here are 3 restaurant recommendations that are located in myVillage @ Serangoon Garden which offer quality dining experience in a casual neighbourhood setting. From northeastern Thai food, Italian delicacies, to superfood acai bowls, myVillage is committed to serving the community by bringing a wide variety of cuisines in a light-hearted environment – making the mall an ideal destination for families and friends to come and share joy over a casual meal.
1. Kor Kai, #B1-25
Launched by the same brand that owns Un-Yang-Kor- Dai, this restaurant is recommended by the Michelin Guide that serves Isaan cuisine from Northeastern Thailand (which is heavily influenced by Laos and Cambodia). It has a beautifully welcoming space blending motifs of chicken into its design!
The menu spans staple food from Isaan such as papaya salad, grilled chicken and beef steak ribeye, seafood ranging from squid to seabass, as well as Thai desserts.
• Thai Papaya Salad ($6.50): spicy and refreshing, well-balanced with sweetness, tartness, and savouriness. Has a multitude of textures with crunchy papaya, tan peanuts, long beans and cherry tomatoes
• Signature Thai Grilled Chicken ($23 for whole and $13 for half): superbly tender and juicy spring chicken blended with a special homemade spicy sauce for a kick of flavour
• Isaan Beef Steak Ribeye with Spicy Dipping Sauce ($23): well-seasoned with a northeastern Thai meat marinate and grilled to preferred doneness ’
• Stuffed Whole Squid with Tom Yum Fried Rice ($16.50): grilled whole squid giving a light bouncy chew and delicate smoky flavour, complemented by tom yum fried rice
2. The Peel 1889, #01-11
Looking for a whole new neighbourhood pizza joint experience? This quality Italian delicacies comes with affordable prices. Decorated with happy neon signs flashing a cheery welcome adds a hip flavour. Lively dining and outdoor space bathed in warm light, making it the perfect place for youths to hang out and families’ weekend brunch to relax and enjoy delightful treats over views of the peaceful Serangoon Garden!
The menu features a compact selection of 12 pizzas with new creations every week, complementary tapas, refreshing green salads and hearty pasta dishes.
• Arancini ($8): flavourful deep-fried truffled mushroom risotto balls full of truffle aroma, with a crispy exterior and given a refreshing complement with tomato puree
• 1889 Margherita Premium Pizza ($23): a unique take on the classic, sold in limited quantities each day. The thin-crusted pizza is served with fresh whole burrata that is much creamier and richer than the usual mozzarella, making it highly raved about
• Carbonara ($17): velvety smooth linguine served with 63° molten-centred egg and crisp parmesan chip
3. The Açaí Collective (a.k.a TAC), #01-08
The two founders, Cordelia Daphne Low and Michael Luo, share that throughs of serving up bowls of honest ingredients at great value, TAC aims to extend the fullest health benefits to the community. Their use of unsweetened organic Açaí pulp blended with bananas ensures no added sugar, juice concentrates or artificial flavouring.
Giving the superfoods its own twist, TAC serves the classic favourites Açaí bowls, juices, soft serve and ice creams. With its fun new introductions of the Acerola and Buckini
bowls, (which are the first in Singapore), they are dedicated to combining health benefits with refreshing good tastes!
• Açaí Collective ($6.50 / $8.50 / $12.50): a smoothie made of açaí berries topped with fresh fruits. Contains a concentration of healthy fats, antioxidants and trace minerals at low amounts of sugar
• Acerola Coligo ($7.50 / $9.50 / $13.50): made of the superfood acerola cherries, known for its wealth of antioxidants and one of the highest concentrations of vitamin C in any fruit
• Buckini Bowl ($9.50): topped with artisanal choco-toasted buckwheat as an alternative to granola. Buckini is an activated buckwheat high in protein, minerals, amino acids and B vitamins
TAC ensures to deliver superfood for the widest range of customers, including vegans and the latose-intolerant, by using rice milk for chia pudding, Açaí Sorbet and Açaí + Chocolate ice cream.
The Ladies Cue team has tried all the above and we highly recommend them!
Opening Hours: Mondays to Sundays: 10.00am – 10.00pm
Address: 1 Maju Avenue, Singapore 556679
How to get there:
By bus, you can board bus numbers 73, 136, 315 or 317. There is also a shuttle service which you can find more information on their website.
Enjoy free valet service every Friday evening from 6.00pm to 10.30pm and weekends and Public Holidays from 10.00am to 10.30pm if you are driving. For more information on carpark charges, you may also check out their website.